Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Leaving in three days!

So this is my first posting, hard to imagine that I'm leaving my life here in 3 days! I don't really think I've completely processed this minor piece of information. How does one pack for a year? Especially when I really have no idea what this trip is going to look like... I've made email contact with a couple people in Haiti and they sound nice so hopefully someone will have pitty on me and I'll be given a place to pitch my tent and a group of women to work with. For me a big part of this trip is to just trust in the universe and not make too many plans. (And this is coming from the person who's first words of the day are "what's my game plan today?") Eek, not sure what I'm getting into!
I'm feeling pretty excited/nervous/sad it's hard to be saying good bye to all my loved ones. Especially when so many of them are worried for my safety and seem to have to say this like they have some sort of tourettes! Ha! It does feel nice to be so loved though. I've already got a couple friends who have bought tickets and are going to meet me in the Dominican Republic for Christmas and New Years. Horay!
Well not to much time left soooo fasten your seatbelt here I go! I'll make another post when I arrive.

2 comments:

  1. Cleo!!!!! I am ridiculously excited for you, and I am sending you all the love and encouragement from little DK possible!!! I believe in you, admire you, adore you, and love you, and you are doing what you have spent your whole life preparing for! YOU GO GIRL!!! I do not know many people as determined and talented as you, and I know you make a difference by merely existing. Can't wait to hear more of your and Haiti's adventures. You are a star!
    Love from Bøgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cleo. I am so happy you finally made it. I was also very pleased to see your blog and I will be living vicariously through your adventures. Stay safe and healthy!!
    Take care
    Donna Lee

    ReplyDelete